Some women are blessed with a perfectly shaped butt however most of us are not.
I, like many others, possess a rear I wish I could just shrink in the wash. What a wonderful idea – have a luxurious bath and shrink your butt at the same time. Some women go down the road of plastic surgery…….but there are other options.
By knowing a few key tips, you will be able to minimise your ‘butt’ without much effort or money. Sounds good, right!
- Ensure hemlines do not end at the thickest part of your bottom. This is especially bad if your top and pants/skirt are a different colour. The contrast creates a strong horizontal line which draws the viewer’s eyes from side to side, making the area appear wider.
2. Avoid details or prints around your bottom as they will immediately draw attention to it and in fact enlarge it.
3. Attract attention elsewhere with statement jewellery, a printed top, eye-catching shoes and hats etc.
4. Try to keep shirts and skirts/pants in a similar colour or depth in order to keep the eye travelling up and down (not side to side). The line of contrast will make the area look wider and in this example it is the waist that is accentuated.
5. Avoid tight fitting pants and skirts. Also a no-no from the front.
6. Choose pants and skirts that fall straight down from the widest part of your hips and then taper in slightly at the lower leg.
7. Avoid A – line and bubble skirts as well as skinny leg or flared pants..
8. Only choose block colours – not prints or patterns.
9. Stick to dark colours on your lower half as lighter colours enlarge.
10. Be prepared to get clothing altered. It is extremely rare to find clothing off the rack that fits perfectly.
Finally, stop focussing on it! Enjoy life and laugh lots.